Thread: Am i to blame?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Usingthe12

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Well, first of all she has to be sober for a while, right?

You can't change other people, that includes people who will take her side when they are talking to her - it also includes her.

Life is pretty messy and there aren't easy answers - even less so when addiction is involved.

Are you getting support for yourself? Counseling? Al Anon? Time with your own friends?
She's been sober for a little less than a month. I guess what I'm afraid of is that if she is vulnerable right now and so open to suggestion, anything She will be told will become her mantra. I do attend al anon meetings and see a therapist. It helps but being in the dark about her recovery and living with the pain of my loss of her is difficult. I just want an opportunity to experience the woman I fell in love with, before the alcohol took over, again. Am I being selfish? Is that too much to ask for? I know her recovery must be most important to her right now but where do I fit in? Why must I be left out? All I did was sacrifice everything to support her before. Don't I deserve the chance to be happy again? I know, all I keep saying is "I" but I'm in pain. I just want her back.