View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spybee007

Feeling sick in early sobriety

Hi all,

I am not seeking medical advice, I am just wondering if anyone else delat with any of this when they first became sober.

I have a doctors appointment scheduled for this Wednesday.

I was sober for 9 days, slipped and drank 14 3.2 beers, and now I am at 7 days sober. I've been drinking 3-4 days (12 beers/night) a week since I was 19. I am absolutely ready to give up alcohol forever.

The issues I have been having are a cramping/burning pain under my right rib on and off, I wake up with horrible gas pains that stretch across my hips/lower abdomen, they go away after 30 mins of being up and walking around. I have nausea in the mornings. After I eat my stomach gets huge, it feels bloated and really hard to the touch. Also, this sounds weird but my pee smells a lot stronger than I've ever noticed before.

Last liver panel I had was 8 months ago and was fine, no high levels. I'll ask my new Doc this Wednesday for a full panel and hopefully an ultrasound.

I've had IBS diagnosis and had gastritis in the past due to alcohol. The gastritis cleared, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had these kinds of issues in early sobriety? Thanks!

Ryan