View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Hi.

This is when the beauty of recovery really can be quite amazing.

I went to AA and got myself a support network. I stayed sober and made the best choice I could in each situation. That was hard - mostly because I was emotionally an adolescent. But once I got a sponsor and started working on my recovery, I found myself starting to grow up. Being less mystified by life choices. Less scared and crushed by responsibility.

I do still have my 'I don't wanna...' moments, but I can spot them straight off now and know that the way I'm feeling in those moments has to do with my attitude more than the severity of the situation.

What does your recovery plan look like a the moment - do yu have support in place? How are you addressing that old stinkin' thinkin'? Because it's when we start doing these things that people start to see the difference in us and are more likely to give us a chance. Not everyone will perhaps. And that's their perogative. The important thing is not what others think, but knowing each night that you lay down that you have not added to the wreckage, and maybe further along the line we can start clearning the old wreckage away, but that's for later perhaps.

BB