Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sweetichick

Devastated

I asked my man friend for some space while in early sobriety. We were fighting like cats and dogs and he kept calling me lazy and stupid. He came over when I was mopping the lounge and thought it was funny to clean off his shoes on my floor. I nearly donged him on the head with the mop. After that I concluded that I am restless irritable and discontented.
I asked him to give me some space for a while. Today he came over to get his drill and stuff and he no longer wants to be friends. He says he can't handle me. Other than that he said nothing.
I don't know what to do. I don't have a lot of friends. Now all I feel like doing is giving up sobriety. How could something like this happen so quick? I knew I was stressed and anxious but to lose a friend already. Maybe I am just a different person sober. He was often abusive and set me off to drink. I am trying to see this as a blessing that I can focus on my sobriety now. I'm just hurt and upset. I really don't want to drink. How do I get through this sober? The pub is calling me to unforced the status quo. I drink and submit to his abuse.