View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JoeCree

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Sobriety date reset.

28 Aug 2017, about 5 pm, was the last time I drank. I don't drink anymore.

I agree with all of you.

When I think back of the hell on earth I endured getting to this state of grace, I made a mistake by drinking that shot.

But, I drank a shot (larger one) in Mexico, back in June 2016.

So, deciding to maintain my sober date even from that time forward was wrong.

I am not going to live a lie to myself and that is why I am glad I came clean with all of my online siblings here at SR.

I am 800 plus and 2. That is a good record. I am not a day counter anyway. I don't work the steps and don't have a sponsor. I am a nearly non drinker, that drank 2 times in over 2 years.

I still hate booze and after yesterday....will never drink again, even if I think it will ruin someones night or if I am going to get sick if I don't (that was my excuse back in June 2016).

I love the feedback of a symbolic raise of the glass and place the booze down. That will be the plan from now on. Back when I was a drunk if someone offered my their shot, they would not have to ask twice. Lol!

If I ever think I am going to get food poisoning, like in Mexico, I will just get it.

Thanks for the feedback.

At least now I can relate better to folks that relapse, even though my relapses were relatively small compared to what I know I am capable of doing.

I also can stop acting like something I am not.

2 years plus sober has been a lie for over a year.

Yours truly in sobriety.

Thanks.
I'm glad youre starting over... ive always enjoyed your words of wisdom, and in this instance I am sure you are making the right decision.
I am like you, no AA, no sponsor just living my life alcohol free. I did a one plus year stint several years ago and like you had a toast on christmas which led to anither couple of years of the drink.
I came to my senses once again, and started over... but the good news is the wealth of knowledge you now have will solidify your resolve this time.
No more toasts, no more drink to cure Montezuma's Revenge... being alcohol free is the only way to go, regardless of the situation. Your true friends should value your sobriety as much as you.