Old 08-27-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Empathic1

Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
Thank you for sharing that quote. I have 3 kids so it definitely resonates with me. Achieving sobriety is the greatest gift we could give them, and ourselves.
Hi jezzi, it really is hun,sometimes I cant think about my drinking days because the guilt is awfull,but over time Its got easier to look back and feel more happy thoughts than guilty ones because im not in that place anymore,drink took so much from me already and now im free of it I need to let go of the guilt aswell otherwise it still has some place in my life,not physically but mentally if that makes sense.so I try my hardest now to focus on how far ive come and how thankful I am to myself for taking back control of my life and my emotions.I tried many times over the years to stop but couldnt,i failed because my reasons for trying to stop all felt forced and inside I didnt feel "ready" I knew that was the key to quitting and I begged and pleased with my own mind for that day to hurry up and come.people say its like something inside you just clicks! They are right..something DID click inside me and I was ready.I didnt want to go cold turkey and suffer the awfull withdrawals so I made a plan to cut down daily (think it took me a week) the proudness in myself each day really spurred me on.on my last day of drinking I was happy to put that empty bottle in the bin once and for all.my first day free of drink was the best feeling ever,i remember walking down the street thinking oh my god,im actually doing this..im up washed dressed make up on functioning with a smile on my face being sociable with the outside world! Ive never looked back hun honestly and had no craving for the drink.I look better,feel better but most of all im a better mother and im truley gratefull for that.like you said hun they are worth it and deserve the best of us x