Old 08-26-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Canadian Koala

Congrats to you Martina 12 for and JMFburns!

I'm quoting this post from our friend LadyBlue from another thread for you to enjoy on the "24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club".
(I asked her before doing so and she gently agreed to my request)

I'm very proud of you LadyBlue!

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
June 5th was my last real cigarette. I say this because I am using an ecig, albeit the use of that is waning too. I loved smoking far too much to go cold turkey but I knew I had to find a way to quit. Although I still am getting little hits of nicotine now and then at least I've eliminated all the chemicals, carbon monoxide, ammonia, etc.

I can smell and taste things. What I truly love though is how I can breath now. That and it was getting embarrassing that sometimes when I'd be talking I'd start wheezing and have to cough to clear it. Gross. I also was starting to get old person's smokers voice. Again, gross, and that's gone. My anxiety levels have decreased greatly (which I'm sure is attributed to no highs and lows with blood pressure from smoking).

Last night my husband asked if I miss it at all. Nope, not one bit. I've even stood around people who are smoking regular cigs and it holds no attraction for me. I think about points where someone who has quit has stood near me when I still smoked and stated how good the cigarette smelled. I wondered if that would be how I'd feel. Not one bit.

Glad to have yet another monkey off my back. The difference its made is amazing.

Heading to a theme park today in New Hampshire with the grandkids and my daughter and son in law. You know what's really awesome outside of family time? Not searching the park map ahead of time to see where all the smoking areas are!

I never thought I was going to be able to do this. I often thought forward to my plans for retirement in 10 to 15 years which is traveling in an RV through the US, Canada, and Mexico. Suffice it to say there would have been an oxygen tank accompanying me on my travels (if I were even here at all).

I loved smoking, absolutely loved it. But, me quitting solidifies to me that once you make up your mind to do something and accept that there's no turning back it makes it just that much easier. You get over the tough times that much faster. No circumstance in which I can smoke means what's done is done. No choice.
Thanks for sharing your current experience with us.