SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - My husband is a drug addict
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
rinaezz

Unhappy

My husband is a drug addict

Hi,
I am here to seek help and guidance, in order to help my beloved husband. He is out of the rehab. centre since only a week, and this was not his first time. It is the first time since our marriage which was only two months ago. We have a very simple and nice life with no problems except he is temporarily suspended from work due to his addiction.
He is sooooooooo attached to hashish and I hate it. He says he wants to stay sober and make something out of his life, but of course I have no idea whether he's acting or if he really means it.
I am so frustrated and alone, I am doing my best to help him, but I cannot see the change in HIM that will give him the power to resist the temptation, if he's on hashish now, he's still on drugs and one thing will lead to another; that's how I see it.
Can anyone help me understand, or know when to believe him, or even know if he has thoughts of going back to drugs?
PLEASE HELP ME, I have never been that desperate in my whole life. I love him and I want him to get better so we can continue with our marriage and life.
rinaezz is offline   Reply With Quote