View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Simplicity4114

Happy Saturday Folks!
Jo- A big congrats to Hannah! Math is not my thing sooooo I'm super impressed by her achievement and your capability to help her! Here in the US, at least in the PA school system....they've adopted "new math". Made trying to help my kids even harder as it made no sense to me whatsoever.....I mean what was the problem with the old way of multiplying and dividing?
Elke-Love the link..........looks sublime! Glad your getting some you time this weekend. I imagine farm life keeps you quite busy as there is always something to do!
Arp-knee high by the fourth of july is the saying here as well. I'm thinking we live in similar areas.....rolling hills and corn fields....everywhere.

I like y'all have thought of the former Mayflies many times....wishing them all well and like Arp, I like to believe their off living sober lives that are so full of life they just don't have time to post.

As for me, I've reconstructed my recovery plan and I'm keeping it simple. If something doesn't contribute to my overall health, wealth, or happiness; I'm out. Too much of my energy has been wasted on worry, things I can't change, and investing in people who are energy vampires. And when simples is worn down she looks for liquid relief. Time to invest in building me up again. I need to get strong, get some sober time under my belt, and shake off this depression! Another part of the plan is to not overextend myself. Does it need to be done? If not, it drops down the priority list to a want. If I get to it great, if I don't, oh well. It's back to basics here. Humbling.
Wishing y'all a great Saturday and a big hello to TD, Caramel, & Dee