Old 08-26-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Empathic1

To love something more than the addiction itself

I cant remember where I came across this quote,but I know these words struck a cord with me being a single mum.the words hurt like a knife but in a way saved me and sent me on a path of determination,because I DID love somthing more than the addiction and thats my child ( im filling up just writing this) ok the tears are running down to my chin! I beat my addiction with drink about 4 months ago and I have never looked back or craved drink since..I never thought id hear myself say that..im now working really hard with my second addiction with pain killers and getting there daily im pleased to say..I feel in a lonely scary place if im honest but im determind as hell to reach the clean side..the little voice I hear first thing in the morning shouting "morning mummy" from the other room reminds me why im doing this.my child deserves the very best of me,not this half shell addicted dependant woman iv become..the words are hard and they hurt ( to love something more than the addiction itself) please dont have a go at me for sharing this.I just thought since these words helped and are helping me so much that maybe someone else could do with hearing them..were all in this together no matter what the addiction.this forum is a blessing in more ways than 1..its a safe place to off load and be honest..they say its sometimes easier to talk or admit your problems with people who arent emotionally attached to you..I find this so true.its hard for me to share with family members how I really feel.1 I dont want them to worry about me.2 I dont want to be a burden and 3 I defiantly do not need lectured by anyone that has no idea what its like being an addict..so yea for me this is my safe supporting place..theres fight in me and fight in you or we wouldn't be here,lets fight together.for the lucky ones who do have a loving supportive family,you are truley blessed.for me this forum is like that family and im grateful for that.thankyou x