View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky1 View Post
Lol, I like the way you put that second sentence

I understand that I'm probably not the same level of alcoholic as the rest of this forums posters and I mean this in no disrespectful way to anybody but I guess my main reason for coming here is to avoid getting to that level before abstinence becomes necessary.

I don't mean this in a condescending way but if I don't talk about moderation outside of this thread is it OK to ask a few questions about it in this thread only or would that be a bit disrespectful to those that can no longer entertain such thoughts?

I've actually had a PM with what looks like good advice on moderation from a member here but I cannot reply to PM's just yet due to post count.
I tried to moderate and just couldn't after a while. I was never homeless,make great money being self employed, own my home and a few rentals/investments,ect... I thought I was HIGH functioning because I was doing good on the outside. HAD a beautiful gf( again..on the outside..long story but it's in my past threads here), Started losing some clients because I wasn't performing well. Started noticing some 'friends' asking me about my lifestyle choices(work,financial decisions,relationship decisions,legal troubles,ect.) and then after a year or two, started distancing themselves. Then I noticed that my life had become; wake up, maybe get sick from the night before,shower,check work things,go to a lunch meeting and start drinking,then go to the bar with my gf(ex) and drink for 3-6hrs. That was my routine for the better part of the last few years at minimum of 4 nights a week and probably close to 6 nights. That's NOT living at all. I was stuck on groundhog day. Vacations? Had to have the all inclusive because the ex and I both liked to drink. Thinking back now, I really don't remember much of any of our trips without seeing a photo. Just know this crap is progressive.
Anyways..stick around and reach out when you feel you need some support.