View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AwkwardKitty

Hi Chilled

I also have a diagnosis of OCD and my therapist thinks I developed it in early childhood. I always have it but it varies in severity. I have hit rock bottom where I was barely leaving the house and unanle to function at all. I thought life was over. I spent all my time panicking Iwas about to die and at the same time wishing I was dead. I have a combination of symptoms but do have magical thinking too. My therapist worked through my thoughts with me. It took a lot of work to write everything down all the time when my panic attacks were continuous but I kept working at it. I got pregnant (unexpectedly) in the middle of my worse episode so my motivator for working through it was my baby. If I hadnt been pregnant I honestly dont know if I'd have been strong enough to carry on.

I dont really have any advice other than hang on in there. Everything is temporary, the worst and the best days, everything changes all the time and you have to stay here and see what the future will bring. I know its so hard. Ocd is evil. Sending hugs xx