View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HappyGoLucky1

Borderline alcoholic looking for advice

Hi,

My name's Scott and I'm an alcoholic. That's how you're meant to start, right?

**** jokes aside, I've got a bit of a problem with alcohol and cocaine, but it's the alcohol that leads on to the cocaine so I really need to tackle the alcohol first.

Since I left school I've always been what I'd call a pisshead and managed to keep it quite steadily under control for about 10 or 15 years but it's been escalating to the point that I'm now what I'd call a borderline alcoholic and cokehead who's wishing to nip this in the bud.
This last month I and others have been noticing that my face is turning a little pink so it's hit home that I need to do something about it.

I don't mean to be big headed but I feel that the main problem is that I've got a lot of different groups of mates. I've got my main group of mates, my brothers mates, my workmates and my old school mates that I see every now and then. Pretty much all like to drink.

Since they all know I like a drink I get a lot of them requesting me to come out for a beer quite regularly. I often feel like it's rude to say no and say yes straight away. If I manage to say no I often get badgered a bit and usually end up caving in anyway.

This often results in me going out 3 nights a week, on top of that I'll potentially drink at home 1 night a week. So I'm probably drinking more nights than not and each night ends up in a heavy session.

Anyway, long story short, I need to learn to say no and to stop wanting to say yes. Ideally I'd cut it down to 1 night a week on the beers.

I don't know where to start or what to do. Can anybody help me please?