Thread: Weekend plans!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Andagain

Weekend plans!

I have a few days off work in addition to the weekend, hooray!

I'd like to compare what I'll be doing this weekend as opposed to what I would surely be doing if I didn't quit drinking.

What I'm doing: Off on holiday for a weekend break to see some old friends, play games and then sight see. We're planning on going to a fancy restaurant and to the cinema and bowling all together. Other than that we'll just wing it, but I'm positive I'll have a wonderful time.

What I would be doing:

- Friday: This day was always worse than the rest because I'd have no work so would start drinking early mid-day, sometimes in the morning. I wouldn't eat because that would unsettle my stomach. I would probably drink for about 8 hours, sometimes more if I don't pass out. At some point I would likely throw up bile and then continue drinking anyway. I would intend to eat something and drink water but I would without a doubt get too drunk and fall asleep.

- Saturday: This is when things would get really, really bad. No food and alcohol would leave me in a flu like state all day and I can feel the poison and what I've done to myself. I'd panic and check for signs of liver disease. Sometimes I'd roll a dice, with the idea that if it lands on the number I'm thinking of, that's roughly my chances of dying. I would ruin the day of everyone around me because I'd have made plans that I would cancel. I would sit, all day, too tired to do anything and bored senseless, with my heart pounding and my stomach churning and my head pounding, forcing myself to eat something.

- Sunday: I would wake up feeling a little better. But the memory of the day before at first would keep me from drinking. As the day went on and I felt even better, that memory would fade and sure enough by the time the sun went down I would convince myself I can drink again. And I would. Repeat Friday. Repeat it for ten years.

I know which I prefer.