Thread: Day 1!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
addictedToBeer8
Trying to be Sober since 23/08/2017

Unhappy Day 1!

Hi,

I needed to share my story with someone who will not judge me and at least try to give me some support.

I am 31 years old, Alcoholic. I am extremely addicted to Beer. I don't drink anything else. I just don't like the taste of strong drinks. However, I am drinking ~4 litres of Beer every day from 5 - 10pm.

It all began when a girlfriend of mine suggested that we should buy a beer to drink at home and watch a movie. I was like 'Drink at home...why?' Nevertheless, we did and obviously I liked it! I was 19 back then. I started with 1-2 500ml bottles a day. Gradually I wasn't getting the buzz from that, so I increased.

Even now, drinking 4 litres, I am still having hard time getting the actual buzz - I just feel dizzy and exhausted, but I cannot go without it. The days I try to not drink I constantly think about it and usually end up drinking again.

I am feeling sick every morning wishing In my mind to stop today, but after I get better I am starting to visualize a beer In my hand.

I do not have any symptoms of withdrawal when I manage to stop for a while. My best was 5 days 3-4 times this year. It feels fantastic, but when I start again for the same reason over and over again - "Well, I quit drinking, I made it. Now I can go on and just drink two beers a day". OK, first day - success - 2 beers. Next day - 4 litres.

So I have decided today to quit without the 2 beers. I know I will fail once again, but would appreciate support and some tips from the community.