Old 08-20-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
kenton

I'm sorry you're struggling Plenny. Like Dee said, breathing exercises can help and mindfulness of course. In particular the self compassion practices are useful when you're struggling with forgiveness. I understand the feeling of wanting to escape your own mind. I'm realising that that was what I was trying to do every time I reached for a drink. Now I'm trying to come to terms that there is no escaping this mind so I need to try to make it as nice a place as possible. Doesn't always work but mindfulness, gratitude and exercise help. The problem is sometimes my mind doesn't want to do mindfulness or be grateful or go for a run. It's like there's a gremlin in there that wants my mind to get so bad I'll turn back to booze. Gremlin, bad wolf, AV - whatever we want to call it, I guess we've all got that side to us. We just need to make sure it never starts to win. I'm thinking of you Plenny xxx

Love to everyone. Steely, I guess you must be in your new home now?? Hope move went well. Nands, good luck with the surgery this week.

Poppy, hope all goes well with catching up with your bride boss. That sounds odd. You know what I mean??!!

Just a quick visit today because I have to be in work early. Hope everyone has or had a great day xxxx