View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
August252015

I had one flirtation + that I could quickly look at as a foolish decision; that was about 31/2 mo in- it definitely was NOT what God wanted for me nor the way I was working on my program and its progress.

That said, my life ended up taking a VERY surprising term. I've shared here before that one day out of the blue, last July when I was 51/2 mo sober, my high school boyfriend asked me to lunch. Fast forward to now, and we are engaged, recently moved in together and are building a life and family that includes my 15 year old step daughter to be living with us full time. Why and How did this happen? He's in recovery, too - and our life paths are the same, and built on our individual and "together" work on our sobriety, faith, and what we want life to be life. The trust is complete and we have taken "the long view" on our relationship from early in. I'd go on but you probably get the idea of how unusual and precious this is to us, and I'd add....not only am in love and love him, but I wouldn't have gone into a relationship on any other terms except these. We are often amazed at how God's plan for our lives went from a sweet, innocent high school relationship, through 20 ish years of VERY different paths, to reconnect us as we have.

I would not be dating around- after years of drama and poor choices when drinking, focusing on me was my priority and it did take me a few months longer than it did him to completely let him in.