View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
vulturine

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
There are tons of interesting things to do that are not illegal or morally wrong. Some people knit cat sweaters and find that great fun. I love gardening (and have been made fun of "oh you want to be that little old English lady with a garden hat, pruning her roses" well, yeah... I think that is fun.)

A lot of interesting things you can do involve getting your act together, getting sober and acting like an adult.

For example, you could quit drinking, save up some money and come visit Rome, Italy. The vatican crypts are open to the public and are fascinating. Some find them holy and reverent, others find them creepy and spooky.

You can also travel to Africa. I think I told you this story once, when you spoke of your love of bats. I know a couple that travelled to the middle of nowhere (I forget the country but could find out if you like) Africa for the sole purpose of seeing the world's rarest bat. They got on some shoddy bus and travelled through the dessert for 2 hours until they came to a hole in the ground which led to a cave. There they descended for hours with headlamps and finally came upon this underground cave where the world's rarest bat lives.

How did they manage that? By living a clean, healthy life, saving up money and making plans for do-able and legal activities that interest them.

As someone else mentioned, you can contact local churches about tours and such. You can visit cemeteries if that interests you.
I don't believe that I've ever spoken about a great love of bats. I'm more into vultures when it comes to animals. I wear a silver vulture skull on my necklace. They carry the souls of the dead to the heavens. Anyway, that's what my username means, I just like vultures a lot, especially the Ethiopian vulture. Their diet is like 90% shards of bone and I think that's amazing. Common name is ossifrage, which means "bone-breaker". They are large, beautiful birds of death and I love that. If I ever kill myself, I want to do it somewhere where my corpse can be picked clean by vultures and my bones scattered by wild animals.