Old 08-19-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Exclamation Hey Sunshine !

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
You see when I see how much and how often everyone drinks and it makes me think that I'm not that bad and it totally confuses my mind. Dee please shed some light on this. I mean do you have to be on that daily heavy level to constitute being here? Makes me feel like I'm over exaggerating my issue with alcohol?

I'm sorry if the thread confused you Sunshine.

It's not actually my thread - it's the continuation of an earlier thread.

Its not really my thang but people, especially newcomers, seem to want to know where they sit on the bell curve....

Please know tho

There is no volume requirement for posting here, or for declaring alcoholism.

I started out not drinking at all. Then I started becoming a weekend drinker.

That gradually got pushed back to starting on Thursday nights, then Wednesday...then I was drinking every night, then every day and finally around the clock.

I look back now and I see I was an alcoholic through all those phases.

I really believe it's not so much how much you drink as it is what happens to you when you do.

I've known people who drank more than I did, who still drink that way and will never think of stopping, much less searching out SR.

I know people who drank way less than me - some from SR - who are dead now....

Please don't think that if you're not drinking as much as some that means you mustn't be alcoholic...

And please don't think that if you're not drinking around the clock, you can maybe risk a few more relapses.

That's your AV talking ****, Sunshine.

D