View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
topspin

Sounds like a wonderful progression with your gardening Free !

Everything I've ever read about successful gardens suggest to start with more modest ( manageable ) square footage and expand as the years go by.

( since you've probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about gardening ,.... I'll clamp up about anything else I may have read in a book !?? )

Up, ...that's a nice set-up on the tractor ! I've just been setting my blades on the riding mower pretty high so it won't get bogged down . With this persistant daily rain ,....the taller weed beds are about waist high in places .

May have about 15 or 29 varieties of local plants ( weeds ) .

When I neglected to pull them one summer,... I discovered some fast growing taller ones produce beautiful small white blossoms in the fall that attract a ton of bees and migratory butterflies

There's another giant fast growing plant that produces berries and the deer come back week after week to munch it's large leaves during the fall. Two of those plants I've intentionally mowed around are about 10 feet tall already ,...and maybe 6 to 8 ft. across .

Another busy night at work ,..... so.ooo ready to get outta this place tonight ,...only two hours to go !