View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
The issue is that currently, several of my friends help normalize alcoholic behavior, which is what helped lead me here in the first place.

Quick answer? Find new friends. But it's not that easy. I've really been cutting back on social events and I find myself sitting at home a lot, because it's easier to stay away from temptation that way, as long as I don't buy a bottle on the way home from work.

Idk. I know the real solution is to be honest with my friends about my problem and ask them to understand, but I'm embarrassed. I feel like we all joke about being alcoholics but now that I realize I am one, I'm afraid to tell them.

lol, things are never easy, are they.
why be embarrassed about addressing alcoholism? it youre friends have a problem with you addressing the problem, then they have a problem.

theres a difference between drinking buddies, friends, and true friends.

please have no expectations of them understanding. hopefully they do, but that may not be the case.if youre friends say anything negative about it, then their true colors will show and show how good of friends they really are.
its more important for you to understand and know that sometimes changes are necessary to get and stay sober and some of those changes are difficult to make.