Thread: Old photos.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Old photos.

What do you do when every photograph you took in the past ten years is one that makes you cry because it's a memory you had with your STBAXH?

I love my photo album, but every one is a good memory related to him. I wish I had taken photos of him high, or injured, or taken photos of the horrible mess our lives were reduced to in the past few months. The only visual reminded I have of how bad things got is that in some of the latest photos, he looks gaunt, grey, sick, and his eyes look like they have given up hope. When I see those photos, I know for sure that his torment was greater than mine, and that he wished he could change his life. Still, I only took photos on "good" days. If we had a good day, and he was doing better, I would take him to a restaurant and get the camera out because I was always so happy those times.

The early days were really... I miss the early days, before he became a full-blown addict. You know, when it wasn't so frequent. When his cheeks were still rosy. When I still smiled in photos and I looked like a girl, still.

I wonder if I'm going through a mid-life crises.