View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
sugarangel

Ah, GD, I'm so sorry to hear that, and that you are feeling really bad. I so understand. It's going to be okay. You got through this before, and you can do it again. You WILL get through this. Just do whatever you can to get through today sober. Come and post here or start your own thread, but let me/us know how you are doing, okay?? I will help you through in any way I can. And, of course I will pray for you. And, don't beat yourself up, or put all your current troubles on a loop in your head. Think of this time withdrawing as a step by step process. Step 1.....Don't use today. Step2......Come here and post when you can. I know you feel awful, but it will help if you reach out, even when you don't want to. Maybe especially then. Step 3.....Forgive yourself. You can't change anything you did, but you now can change how you deal with it.
That's it. 3 little steps for right now. I did this last time I went through wds, and it helped. It made things feel less overwhelming, and so, then, even if I was laying in bed, sick as a dog, I still felt like I was accomplishing something. It also took the sting of fear and anxiety out of the wds a bit for me. Maybe it will help you, too.
At any rate, I am here for you. Stay strong.