Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I am making progress. I didn't post in the old thread.
Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Who leaves a donut uneaten? I can't even.

Maybe that's why I've found a couple extra pounds in the last couple months. It's coming up on winter too...STD, give me your secrets on donut-ignoring.

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Well... I can leave a drink undrunk now, so I guess with a little practice, donuts can be ignored too.

BTW, it was missing when I got in this morning.
I don't see how one walks away from a donut. Or how one doesn't have time to eat it.

Anyhoo, I've had to wrestle my eating habits back from the brink over a period of many years. When I quit drinking I suddenly started eating all the sugar. Just like a little kid. It's hard to learn to say, "No," to myself after years of self-indulgence. I think that applies to drinking, drugging, eating all the sugar, and lots of other hedonistic behaviors. I don't want to deny myself any little thing that comes into my head.

Angry? Lash out. (or worse, drink.)
Bored? Do something over the top.
Sad? Call someone and cry over it for an hour.
Hungry? Eat a half gallon of ice cream.

Addicts are nothing if not self-centered little babies who want what we want and want it now and do not want to deal with anything unpleasant - even if we caused it. I couldn't deal with myself. I was too sensitive to myself and my own emotions.

Thank God I've learned to take a pause. Not say that thing I think. Not do that thing I feel like I need to do.

Thanks for the post, Sao. Growing up. Indeed. Going against my nature has turned out to be the best thing ever. Calmer, less drama. So nice.