Thread: Well... hello
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
corywh

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome corywh. I'm so glad you found us & told your story.

I drank in a similar way many years ago. I chose not to stop, though - didn't even acknowledge I had a problem. I wish I'd been honest with myself the way you are. You know you don't drink normally & that it's eventually going to catch up with you. At some point I crossed over from social drinking to alcoholic drinking. In the end, I was sipping on it all day to maintain a certain level - and so I wouldn't shake. It was a sick way to live, but somehow I justified it. I hope you'll stay with us, & let's keep talking.
Thank you Hevyn... I know that's where this is going. Justification is where the problem is. I see people my superior, people that make $400k plus a year sneaking beers in the bathroom at work. Getting slobbering drunk at dinner, and somehow... getting up the next day and doing a massive presentation. Honestly it's quite attractive at first, it sucked me in I have to admit. But what I've noticed over the past several months is the familiar headache. The feeling of slugishness at around 4pm, and sometimes I pass out for 20 minutes before dinner. I'm working hard.... I deserve it right. I've had 7 beers today, and I don't feel a thing. That's sad. It really is....