Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Originally Posted by ZombieWife View Post
That's my happy ending, that I never have to worry about him or his addiction again. And I have never been happier. I wish I could tell myself this 10 years ago, but alas . . . I had to be broken down over and over again. Enough to finally kill every piece of respect and love I had for him.
This.

O, your dreams are so attainable. And I really do think many older women are alone by choice. I mean, I could be considered a typical "success story" right now. I started dating someone right after my divorce was finalized. He had a good job, a nice home, is NOT an addict, and is very well-respected in the community. He wanted to get married after just one month. I could have had my "happily ever after" right away. Instead, I dumped his sorry a$$. Yup. He made disparaging comments that made me feel like crap and I won't settle. So while some may say, "Oh, how sad. She tried dating again, but it didn't last", I know that this is HUGE for me. Because I didn't let myself rationalize his behavior. I didn't say, "Oh, well, he's mean and I'm miserable a lot around him. But overall he's a great guy."

I'm writing in a hurry as I'm heading out the door. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. A lot of the people we see as being in a happy relationship aren't, and the people we feel sorry for for being alone are very happy to be that way.