Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

Also, has anyone over 40 who had to leave an addict spouse/partner ever find anyone else to live their dream life with? Anyone get their dream career after 40? I want to hear something happy today.

dream life
dream career

rarely does life GIVE us what we dreamed we SHOULD have. we don't get to sit on Santa's knee and reel off our list of wishes. we don't GET stuff, we work for it. we discover that the life we already have is better than what we thought we wanted. we were never equipped for the childlike wishes.......nor are we places in such situations that we have no skills to endure.

the Marines have it right - Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

yet so did Ceasar - Veni, vidi, vici - I came, I saw, I conquered.

in each there is the call to take up arms, to ACT, to not only respond to the scenario, but come out the better.

yes, sh!t happens. to all of us. in bigger and smaller ways. and we each get a CHOICE in how to respond. do we LET it happen or do we adapt and overcome? do we see and turn our eyes away or do we CONQUER?

happiness doesn't come to us in the back of a FedEx truck. our happiness comes from respecting our own values, morals and ethics. to live within our boundaries, to know where our compassion and love for others ENDS......respecting where their lives, their choices, begin and end. to lift up those who do not have the means......or the choice.