View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
sweetichick

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
OK, so I drank last night. The AV started on me when I was making lunch during the day but I managed to not give in at the time. Later in the evening, though, it was really strong. I went to my computer to log in here and, guess what, my internet was not working and I couldn't reach out. Perhaps if I had, I may not have drank. Anyway, I did not drink immediately; I first made myself tea, put my son in bed and then got to thinking, 'I can't spend another long night drinking tea!!!! I want this night to be fun. I want to drink. I'm going to drink...Oh, and I certainly will not log in to SR!'. So I made myself the first drink, and it was just what I needed. Only that (maybe it was because I hadn't had dinner yet but..) I was super high after that first one. But did that stop me from getting a second? Nope. After number 2, I was super super high. I won't say drunk because my husband didn't even notice. But I was struggling staying focused. The last thing I remember is getting myself a third drink (suicide), my husband asking if I wanted to watch one of my TV shows, me getting off my desk and going to the couch to watch TV. This was at around maybe 10:30 pm. Then I wake up, in bed, at 4:30 am and I'm wondering how I got into bed. I reach under my pillow to check for my phone and I find the TV remote. I almost laughed. I get out of bed and what is that on my nightstand, my unfinished glass of gin and tonic. I was a mix of emotions. I was thankful that at least I stopped at some point in my quest to kill myself and managed to get myself into bed. So I took the glass of gin to the kitchen, the remote back to the living room, drank a glass of milk and went back to bed. I was apprehensive that maybe I'd had a fight with my husband but, thankfully, he was cool in the morning. More likely, he left me 'watching TV' and I crawled in quietly. Phew! We/He can't handle another drunken fight.

So I'm back to day one but very happy about it, this time. I sure dodged a million bullets last night because, who knows, a million horrible things could've have happened to me while I was blacked out. I can't live like this anymore. I just can't. So, here's to day one.
Hey Lava. Sorry to hear you drank last night. I am exactly the same. It only takes one drink to get me started. You can make it through day one and onwards again. Nights can be long and lonely. They are for me. Let's do this. I'm only on day 4.