View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Misc72

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I will come house sit I am fairly boring, haha.
Pipe dreams, I know. I am about 17 thousand miles away from you. But North Carolina sounds much more south than Canada.

At least it was only a short stint. I had two rental homes I dealt with for a couple years. One was my old home, and in a year's time, I had nothing but nightmare renters, no matter what references I got.
One of my renters had a HORSE in the backyard (this house was smack in the middle of town) during parade time. The grass was almost waist high. I had to shovel up horse poop. Then, I had to tear up the berber carpet in the huge master bedroom as they had locked their cat up in there and it peed all over the carpet and soaked into the OSB underneath.

It could always be worse. Lesson learned for me: don't let other people use your property unless you're able to handle a little horse s**t (or a lot)
I just remembered this. lol. makes me laugh now. Ohh, at the time the property destruction I had to deal with through two renters alone was bad enough.
And threats!
I'm glad I didn't have a pool. I'd hate to drown a horse.
Consider yourself hired! lol funny story... I'm done with house sitters. Will have to hold the mail and all deliveries, and have my mum come once in a while to feed fish and cats... and will just board dogs (even though that will suck)... but this cannot keep happening indeed. Thank Goodness they didn't bring horses with them...