View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Delizadee

I'm sorry sunshine. Be a duck. Be teflon. Everything rolls off your back, nothing sticks to you. (this is what I tell myself over and over when I'm really mad or really struggling or feeling really offended)

Congrats on 40 days!! And keeping it together in spite of all the drama

I would think rationally if there is anything you can do about the situation, or if it's already been dealt with as it needs to be.
Sometimes, looking to teach a person a lesson is perpetuating resentment towards them and their actions. We need to look at the lessons we can learn from the incident, which I think you have done.

Does he have an online presence where he advertises his services? You could leave an honest review about him if so, but really would it make anything better about what's happened and would it make you feel better?

The thing is, I find situations like these and wanting to show people their consequences somehow has ramifications on my own peace of mind. I call it bad juju.
Eventually, people like that, their bill comes due and they will have to pay for your actions. It's not our place to decide their punishment or pass judgment.
You both made bad calls. But, you got a valuable lesson out of it.
You're eons farther ahead than this guy.
I feel kind of sorry for him. And grateful that nothing of value was taken or affected by the incident. Most importantly and above all, your sobriety.

Sometimes we have to find a way to laugh at the drama. Makes it a little easier to let it go and put it behind us.