Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jay37

Moderation vs Harm Reduction methods vs quitting drinking programs

I have a question I am not sure what the answer is even though I have done a lot of reading on it. Moderation vs Harm Reduction methods vs quitting drinking programs for alcohol. Which is the most effective scientifically? I have read a lot of the studies on all 3 programs and they are all over the place as far as what is most effective. All the research seems very contradictory. I guess my personal opinion comes down to if you are truly an alcoholic your best route is to quit all together. If your more of a problem drinker without a physical addiction per say. (irresponsible ******* is what I like to call it lol) perhaps moderation or using harm reduction strategies is the best way to go. I guess it also kind of comes down to whether you think alcoholism is a disease or more of a character defect which seems debatable as well. I understand this is a sober recovery site so I will probably get a sobriety preference in your responses. Anyway I was interested in your thoughts on the subject.

P.S. And please don't address my personal drinking in your response I was looking for more of an intellectual discussion on the different treatment methods not me personally. Thank you