Old 08-13-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brettisdamaged

Very severe debilitating brain fog, can barely think straight let alone string a sentence together.

Hi everyone,

I've had this very debilitating brain fog that hit me at around the 3 month mark of being sober. It has progressively gotten worse and it is affecting me in all areas of my life. I'm finding it very hard to comprehend what is going on around me a lot of the time. For example I'll be trying to listen to someone and not quite clearly make out what they're saying to me, or if I read an article I will lose track and not quite understand the context of it. I also find it very hard to communicate with people now, finding the right words to say even at its most basic level doesn't come naturally anymore. I often have to think very hard of what to say beforehand, which is frustrating me so much because I so just want to express to people how I feel but for the life of me I just can't. Even right now as I'm typing I am finding it very hard to articulate my thoughts. My history of drug abuse started from when I was about 18 right up the age of 27 which included cocaine, ecstacy, weed, crystal meth (of which i've only smoked 5 times) and my main drug of choice, alcohol. A lot of the time I feel like there is nothing going on in my head, like there are no thoughts or feelings just complete numbness of reality and it scares the living **** out of me .. I am aware that these symptoms could be the withdrawals they describe from PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) but I am still not 100% sure if the symptoms could possibly be the indication of another major underlying problem? It's really strange though because when I was around the 2 month period of my sobriety I had such a clear head and I was really looking forward to living a life in recovery. Now it all just seems like such doom and gloom, yes I hate to say it but when you can't comprehend whats going on and life is just passing you by you can't help but think that the drugs have messed you up so bad that your brain will never heal from it. Yes I know that i'm being very negative but that's how I feel right now. Like i'm forever trapped inside my head and it is taking away my quality of life that I once had. Has anyone experienced these kind of debilitating symptoms before? Will this fog I am experiencing ever lift? Thank you you're feedback on this will help me and I'm sure a lot of other people in the world that are experiencing this hell tremendously.