View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
WMJ1012

Originally Posted by Seska View Post
I've got the Joe and Charlie Step 4 forms and am trying to get myself ready to do my Step 4 but it's very confronting not least because I can't seem to find anyone suitable and willing to sponsor me - they either want to "fix" me their way or they are so hands off that I'm leaving messages on their phone during the scheduled call every morning for which they can't be bothered to answer. I wish I could find AA meetings with members that emulate the original AA where they truly put their money where their mouth was and CARED about their fellow struggling alcoholics enough to want to help even if it meant they were inconvenienced at times: no-one like that in my meetings, except men ofcourse, and being a woman I don't see a man as being an option for sponsor.
So I'll trudge on through the Fourth Step on my own and possibly see a priest to work my 5th Step because no-one else is interested.
Thank you Carol for this thread - it has helped this particular lonely AAer.
Hi Seska,

I sponsor women who are overseas through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous via telephone if they are willing to do the work, and I know if other women and men who do the same.
if you'd like, come join us on Sunday at 7:30pm EST and Tue at 3:00pm EST at (712) 432-3929, pin code 7506210#

THese are All-Addictions meetings and that includes alcoholics.

You might like what you hear.

I would suggest giving it several listens and keeping a good healthy open mind.

PM me if you have any questions.