Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Ananda

Hi everyone! I'm fine today! I knew the mood would pass and of course sometime in the future I will probably face negative moods again. Glad to be able to stay sober through the bounces. I use to call it living in the bounce and use to be pretty good at it.

I am mowing this afternoon - 15 minutes then a 1 hour nap!

Steely - I always think moves have a few moments of isn't this fing awesome! One for me is before the items arrive and the house is empty and fresh. Another is when I move in and get unpacked in a clean house. The house will never be as clean again or in as good a repair as I'm just not that good at that sort of thing.

Kenton - I think learning to live with our darker side is important. Of course acting out of it is something else and to be avoided whenever possible. That said I hate to be the wet blanket ... Be sure you don't set yourself up for disappointment. One time, with significant sober time, I did the worst thing I have ever done in my life. I ended up running back to the bottle. So although I don't plan to do any bad, and hope I never make the kind of error I made then again, I hold firmly to the idea that drink I not the answer. I have to learn to live with my mistakes - past present of future.

Plenny - I worked in the restouront and hotel business for years when I was younger. Of course our entire crew was into taking speed prior to plating up the 400 person dinner, and also relaxing by getting totally smashed and stuff. That said, I was still doing this work in my first sober run. I got sober and 2 days later, due to too high labor costs, I was made the daytime bartender! It actually worked out well. I surrounded my self with AA literature and also got to see what the hard core alkies look like as they are the ones who came to drink in daytime hours. Some of my customers ended up in AA at a later date.

Poppy. I always considered myself a poet ... but the well has been dry in this sobriety (so far). I expect that it will become a critical part of my recovery sometime in the coming year.

Now that I am therapistless for a period of time I will have to work through things on my own for a while. He thinks he should be set up for insurance "soon". If so I will start seeing him at least once a week so we can work through this crap.

I'm really enjoying my time with K. She is just so adorable. I think she doesn't like to be described that way ... but it is what she is. She tells stories about the crazies that start going on in her head and spill out on others and I laugh the whole way through. She doesn't mind because this happens when she is not in the middle of it and is laughing herself. The first time I asked her to be my sponsor ... it was because she was the only woman (at that time) in AA that actually seemed to be happy and having fun. She is about 20 years younger than me but that doesn't matter at all.

OK ... so a good day ... a long post .... and more mowing to do