Old 08-12-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
kenton

Wow! Your cooking sounds amazing Plenny. I always get hungry when I read your posts. I'm a terrible cook. I always start out with great intentions but somewhere along the line something always gets burnt or dropped on the floor. I once tried to make profiteroles which admittedly is quite an advanced level of baking. Took me weeks to get all the pastry off the baking tray. Stuck to it like glue. Baking and reverse parking are the two things in life I find really tricky. Thank goodness I'm awesome at everything else......... (that was a joke!)

Glad you enjoyed the motorcycle ride Poppy, hope you are having a good weekend. Hope everyone is. I just went for a lovely long walk with the kids and now I've come home and my husband's friend has come to visit. Normally I'd be rushing around, tidying the house, getting snacks and making conversation. Instead I've come upstairs to chill out for a bit and read my book. My husband can entertain his friend. It's nice for them to chat without me fluttering around. I'll go down in a bit and be sociable. I seem to be getting better at going with the flow. I think I've spent years on auto pilot doing what I thought I was supposed to be doing. The result of this is exhaustion and inauthenticity. Far better to be myself. Think I'll probably get more respect. I'm recognising that when I drank I spent my life in 2 states : drunk or people pleasing. Often I'd behave so badly when I was drunk I'd have to spend ages making up to everyone to try to get them to like me again. It's so liberating to just be me. And much less work.

Nands, how are you feeling today? Better I hope. And how is everything with you Kev?

Steely, hope the move is going okay. Steely and I managed to exchange photos and I hope she won't mind me telling you that she is beautiful. Beautiful face to match a beautiful soul....I feel so honoured to have met you Steely. I feel blessed to have met you all. I feel like my addiction is the darkest part of me. But if it wasn't for my addiction I wouldn't have met all you awesome people. And that makes me far more accepting of the dark side of me. And I think accepting that part of me is a massive step in my recovery. And I am so grateful to each and every one of you for that xxx