View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

I agree, quitting cigarettes was far harder for me. I'm doing a step down method and using an ecig. They have them at the store. I haven't had a regular cigarette (what vape people call an analog) since June 5th. I eventually will step away from the ecig too which, hopefully, will be easier.

If you ever told me there would come a day I wouldn't light up a real cigarette for a whole day I would have laughed at you. After 8 weeks I feel so much better, I can breath and also smell and taste things. One of the best things I ever did.

If you go the vape or ecig route here's some info. Don't go into it thinking it will be the same as smoking. Not that it's not as good, it's just different. When you smoke a regular cigarette it gives you immediate relief right away when you take the first drag. When you smoke an ecig you take a hit, wait about 5 or 10 seconds, and take another hit. You'll eventually feel the same relief but the delivery of the nicotine is different. It takes some getting used to.

I'll never go back to cigarettes. I love the fact that my front porch no longer smells nor do my hair and clothes. I don't have to fish through my pocketbook anymore for a lighter and no more of those random little burn holes here and there in my car and on my clothes. It's convenient too. I'm really looking forward too to not having to go stand on the front porch in subzero weather to have a cigarette.

I'll pm you further info on what I use.