Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

I'm in! When I first stopped drinking, weekends were the hardest time for me, especially Fri nights! Like everyone here, when I was drinking...Friday was my favorite day of the week. I didn't have to feel guilty about getting wasted...everyone got wasted on a Friday night after work, didn't they? I could sleep in on Saturday and look forward to a few days to myself. The problem was, I never did anything with my weekends but drink. If I DID try to go out and enjoy myself, I was usually too hungover or continuing the party over a cocktail at a restaurant, or anywhere I could find one.

Since I stopped drinking, I've slowly but surely begun to look forward to weekends again and I don't dread Fri evenings. Instead, I look forward to getting outside over the weekend, being active and doing whatever I choose, without be sick and feeling shameful for what I'd done on Friday night. Friday has become a day that I look forward to. I can look back and feel pride in what I accomplished at work during the week and think about what I plan to do with my weekend. No more guilt, no shame...I'm totally FREE!

Have a super sober weekend all!