View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DaisyBlueNew

14 days and I blew out the candle

I have been following all the amazing folk on here for two weeks ... there are many that have been here for over 10 years. This site is truly amazing and I find if I wake up and read the posts I feel stronger every day. However today I decided to do something different. I went to my beer store to buy beer "in case" I felt like drinking it later. My boyfriend is away for a week and I haven't been drinking or anything and he is coming back tomorrow so I wanted a window of me time. I went to the beer store and bought 8 beers. I thought to myself "well I don't have to drink them" and then i bought them and as I was walking out a beer sampler woman shoved a little shot glass of beer my way and said here you go. I took it without thinking, drank it and all these wheels started turning in my body. I thought you are so gonna drink tonight. You just had your first sip. And so I did. I also knew after 14 days here that I would drink on Sunday cos my girlfriend is coming in from Vancouver to stay over for a night, and all we do is drink. I'm going to tell her. I thought i would wait and not drink, but look at me, I blew it tonight. Okay so after Sunday night I'll be back on the sober bus. Or will I? Jeez.