View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tomls

Originally Posted by Nikkabean326 View Post
Aside from the normal benefits of not drinking - has anyone else looked around at their belongings and just started to *see* all of the clutter they have accumulated? All the money spent on clothing, purses, makeup, skin care, household items, etc..

After four months of not drinking, I've discovered minimalism/konmari and I'm obsessed. My mind and body feel clean and I want my surroundings to match what I feel on the inside. I feel so.. sad with how much I've spent and how depressed I must have been to surround myself with things that really don't mean much to me. I've given away countless items at this point, and I don't miss a single one of them.

I'm realizing now, that I spent more time looking for things to fill up the empty walls in my living space than actually enjoying the space I was in. This can be said for both my dwelling and my physical self.

I want more greenery in my spaces. I want to eat cleanly. I want to stop dyeing my hair with those harsh chemicals. I want to let my skin breathe instead of slathering on toners, oils, creams, etc.. I just want to live simply. I don't want to take time and moments for granted.

I apologize for the rambling - I've been on vacation the past week and feel incredibly relaxed at the moment. Just thought I'd hop on to share my thoughts of simple living after drinking..

Lots of love to you all.
You are not rambling! You are sharing and thank you for that!