View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
norfolkgal

I stopped for about two weeks for my daughter's high school graduation in June, so I know that I can do it without being hospitalized. I was prescribed an anti anxiety medication by my doctor in December, which does help me throughout the day (Gabapentin), WHEN I don't also drink, which is only until the afternoon most days. I know I need a plan. When I quit for a year a few years back I remember that I spent a LOT of energy filling up the time and my mind. I started baking bread, I made crafts, I came up with big projects that I worked on for hours and hours a day. I feel so uninterested in life this time. The thought of doing any of those things just makes me feel exhausted . I know that this time I need to actually write a plan, a daily plan that I must put all of my energy and will into sticking to. One of the hardest things for me is that I know I need to go out and walk, go see people, make plans, be involved in life, but I am afraid to leave the house. Part of it is the PTSD I have which includes horrible agoraphobia and social anxeity. Part of it is that I know if I leave the house I will come back with alcohol. There are days when I actually park my car in front of my house without getting alcohol and then sit there and end up driving to the liquor store because I can't bear the thought of being home without it. I need to break this habit and obssession with coming home with alcohol. I need to plan how that is going to happen.