Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

I remember that one too Gilmer.

There was a whole lot of subliminal messages going on in those commercials.

Really looking forward to my day trip this weekend and just discovered an added bonus. Originally it was going to be me, my brother (an extreme alcoholic), and my husband driving up. My brother called me last Saturday, three sheets to the wind, to tell me that "his friend" (aka drinking buddy) was going to drive up with him so I didn't need to pick him up because (insert insane and ridiculous reason for bringing a drinking buddy along here). I had all I could do not to laugh and say "Really? you're going to make up a story for one who knows all too well how to make up stories?"

Anyway, I looked up the place we're all meeting for lunch and took a look at the menu.

Guess what?

NO ALCOHOL SERVED THERE!

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I don' t mean to be mean but I wasn't looking forward to my brother's antics. He would have started drinking. Then, we would have all started reminiscing about our childhood days spent in that area and he would have started in with his ugly cry. I am not cruel and heartless, I feel the way I do because the cry is not due to his sensitivity and being nostalgic, it's because he is drunk and it's something to cry in his beer about. You all know the story.

Anyway, pleased to find out there's no alcohol at the location.