View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

I guess I 'fancy a natter' this morning! You Brits and your slang...I learn a new phrase here every day, love it...

It's good to have this thread more active again; strength in numbers, and all that. This is the first place I go when I get to SR, always nice to see it hasn't fallen off the front page! It amazes me that a few of us are still chatting (nattering?) a year and a half later. I like how we don't give up!

I've stopped taking the Wellbutrin; it wasn't curbing my cigarette appetite, and while it amped up my mood a bit, it also increased my anxiety, and messed with my sleep. I'm focusing more on my sugar cravings for now; the cookie and donut diet was completely out of control. Damned addicts!

Yeah, 'situational drinking' has been an issue for me, too, mostly every time I jumped off the wagon. 'I could' led to 'I will,' and off to the races I went. I still have those 'I could get drunk' thoughts; now I know the only correct response to my stupid lizard brain is, "No, you can't. Ever again. Or you will die." I don't have slips, I had full blown leaps into the abyss, damn the torpedoes, give 'er all you've got relapses. And I'll always be one little drink away from doing it again, probably for the last time.

Jo's story of her dead friend is a perfect cautionary tale for me.

So, my dear Mayflies, let's not drink today!

Happy Wednesday,
Arp