View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
You know what I am going to say my friend. You have to be good with you before you are good with anyone else, for whatever reason.

Just sending a you a big huge hug!
Love you girl! thank you.

On a positive note for today. I have been working hard with the community college across town to get accommodations made for my son AND to get him to be able to keep his scholarship and play on the tennis team. I have been meeting with the disability services people, the athletic director, and staff from the special ed services for the athletic department.....it's been a long few months of red tape, even at the community college level.

My son has been struggling with depression, trying to NOT get overwhelmed by taking college classes and playing a higher level of tennis AND living away from home. My XAH has refused to help me pay for any of this. He hasn't given his kid a dime since he stopped paying me child support back in May. He basically said that if giving his son money helps me in any way,then it's not worth it to help his son. I have no words and my heart breaks for my kid but it's also going to break my own bank account!

My friend who lives over by the school and is a calculus professor at the school has offered to let my son live with her as well as one of the other boys on the team (he's her nephew from Hungary). We will pay $400 in rent and my son said he's comfortable with living with them because we've been so close to their family over the years.

The school has decided to only require him to take 6 credits this semester, followed by a winter course for 3 credits, then 9 credits in the spring, followed by 6 credits in the summer.
That gives him the minimum needed to be on the team, but also allows him to spread out the academic work so that he doesn't get overwhelmed. So, he'll only be taking 2 classes this fall. It will be a light load and I'm hoping he adjusts well.

I spent $2000 on getting him tested by a neuropsychologist back in May to make sure they could get the accommodations in writing for his cognitive and learning disorders. So far, things are falling into place and i'm amazed at all the help we've received, starting with the college tennis coach and athletic director who really pushed this to go through.

His coach has known my son for years, as well, and has made it clear that he will work with us and make sure that my son is adjusting and finding success in his new path in life. I nearly cried when I got off the phone with the coach a few weeks ago because I was amazed at how many people were willing to help him.

Anyway, I'm trying to get this career off the ground and am starting from ground zero. I have the financial advisor title, now I just need to get some clients. I have a few clients already but there's a lot more work to do!

So, despite all my carrying on about my bf and my relationship issues, which are truly small problems in the grand scheme of things, I am happy with my life and doing my best to keep my head above water!