View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
my point wasn't about the number of posts, liz. it was about the consistent theme of the posts. also the timing.....the last five on the list are ALL two months apart.........i don't know what that means except it appears very cyclical. and i think patterns are important.....
HORMONES!! I checked the dates of the post against my 'cycle' calendar (Yes, I'm about to get my period and it's been all over the place this past year, especially). OMG. Is premenopause exacerbating the problem? You know, I took myself off of birth control pills about 4 years ago and I was never an emotional person when I was on them. Actually, I sort of felt like a robot. But, now I cry at the drop of a hat, I have bouts of depression, which I've never struggled with before in my life, etc. I remember telling my mom that I felt like an alien was living inside of me because I was having distressing breast tenderness and painful cysts, then the next month it would be nausea for the 5 days before my period, and I get breakthrough bleeding during the month which my OB has told me is due to progesterone levels coming down. There is no rhyme or reason to my cycle anymore.....

Yes, FallenAngelina, I did mean what I said. But, we all know that with addicts their words mean nothing unless there is action behind them. I consider myself an addict since I was born into the disease of alcoholism and was married to one for so long. If I do nothing to fix this, then my words meant crap. I have a friend in program who has a blended family, whose current husband is an alcoholic, who has struggled terribly with their 'yours, mine, and ours' situation and I know she had a wonderful therapist who helped her and who worked with her and her Al Anon program stuff, as well. I already texted her to get the name of her therapist and I reached out to my sponsor, as well.