Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by Ugnius View Post
I am just so worried that inpatient rehab is not gonna work for me
You won't know until you try. And you're not alone, no alcoholic ever thinks rehab is a good idea.

I didn't wake up one morning and say "ya know what sounds great? Rehab!"

I went with my tail between my legs, thought I was too smart for it, thought it wouldn't work, etc. And - shocker - it actually worked because I payed attention and tried my best for a change.

Look into rehab, then after you're done with your stint you can tell us it doesn't work. Seems like there's something holding you back from getting started. Maybe it's all the xanax (a highly addictive benzo) and alcohol you are taking. When those drugs get into your system they will pull you deep into addiction, and you'll come up with a zillion excuses not go to inpatient (work, social factors, atheism, education, time, money, etc). I rattled all the excuses off too, and they sounded pretty legit to me once I repeated them all a dozen times.

Thing is, this disease won't just get better on its own. It's not gonna happen. The sooner you go to rehab, the sooner this nightmare is over. The longer you wait, the longer it's gonna take to get through the tunnel.