View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
LOL Liz....how easily do your really "run away"? If I remember correctly? You bonded with and married your Ex when you were about 20yrs. old and stayed in the toxicity of that relationship for over 20yrs.....
That just doesn't ring true, to me, of someone who jumps and runs.....
RIght. Good point. I don't physically run away. I emotionally run away and 'escape'. I find other outlets to distract me, to fill my emptiness that I am experiencing. I am an escape artist in my own mind. Denial is a big part of my escape and I tried that for years. I refused to actually 'see' what was going on in my alcoholic marriage. I knew it was a screwed up mess from the beginning. I never felt emotionally connected to my XAH, but now, after feeling how connected I am with my current bf, I never realized just how much was truly missing from my marriage.

Heck, I didn't even know that you could be emotionally connected through sex. That just blew my mind and touched my soul.

Yes, I ran away. I didn't want to live life on life's terms. I even escaped through parenting, making that my life's mission so that I didn't have to face my marriage problems that were brewing all along.