View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoberNeveah

DAY 1 (SORT OF): THIS DIDN'T START OUT IN THE MOST IDEAL WAY

Today isn't technically day 1 I guess, as I've had a glass of alcohol. What happened was - yesterday I bought a bottle of champagne as my last drink. Thought it would be symbolic. I consumed some other things before opening said bottle, and ended up not finishing it at the end of the night.

My partner put it away in the fridge for me, as neither of us were sure if it's wise to throw away something so expensive? Silly I know, but we're not the richest people out there and can't stand the idea of wasting money (plus he doesn't drink so he couldn't have it).

Woke up this morning, thought about it, and my cheap side won...sadly. I've had the last glass of what was left in the bottle. The money thing was a dumb excuse I know. Feeling annoyed with myself, but I will not continue to drink. That's it. I'm craving more now, of course, but I'm not allowing myself any more.

Feeling pleasant enough at the moment but that feeling's going to fade soon. The sun's setting, everything feels calm for now. Not looking forward to tonight though. The cravings hit when it's night-time. Going to try and distract myself as much as possible.