View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Yeah, sugar...holy hell, the sugar! And the coffee, and the cigarettes...endless slurping and puffing, occupying all my spare time. I guess that free pass, "at least I'm not drinking!" is wearing off. It gave me license to indulge in every other bad habit I've ever had, and that's where my general malaise is coming from lately. Like I told my doctor, there's other ways to kill yourself without drinking yourself to death! So...

...small steps this week; something, anything, I can call productive or vaguely healthy. I did raid my dad's garden yesterday, and it's the perfect time of year here to add some fruit and veg to my diet. I need to walk someplace farther than my refrigerator, my coffeemaker, and my bed. At least once!

Wellbutrin in my system at full strength for 9 days. It has improved my outlook (despite how I sound here), and it's already affected my smoking: I hate it a lot harder. It hasn't slowed down my frequency, just my irritation and hatred of the disgusting habit. Which can too easily morph into hatred of my weak, addicted self. There now, see how much better I feel?!! Jeezus...

I'm sorry to whine here about cigarettes and ice cream, I really am; I know others are battling much bigger dragons right now; obviously, we've all got our stuff! But I like sharing with this small group, because I consider you all actual friends, as much as is possible in an online forum. I read for hours in Newcomers, but save my real posting for this thread that feels like home. And I know you won't mind if I ramble off occasionally...

Hey, let's not drink today! Love and junk,
Arp