Old 08-06-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope1989

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
If you know you're allergic to peanuts, and someone asks you to sign a "peanut butter sandwich contract", you wouldn't do it. But since you're an alcoholic, part of that "beer contract" probably sounded pretty darn good and so you drank.

Just like the nut allergy would put a person in the hospital, a few beers put you in a bad position of losing your purse and phone and getting in all sorts of trouble. You knew that would happen, and you still did it anyway.

It's called alcoholism. Welcome to the club. Maybe instead of signing "beer contracts" with the HR team, you can sign a "no booze" contract with yourself. Sobriety doesn't happen magically - you don't wake up and all of a sudden you're 5 years sober. It takes work. Recovery means saying NO. Nobody is going to say no for you, you've got to do that part on your own.

Be tough from now on, you can do it. Stick to your guns. Draw a line in the sand. No means no. Zero alcohol means zero. Not one drop. No more bars and no more pubs. Period. That's it. It's a very simple plan, and the word "nope" will help you succeed.
You are right about this. It is my fault; I'm actually not try to blame it on anyone else. I made a mistake, could not handle a situation properly. I was very confused. My intentions were in the right place. However, I guess there is nowhere to go but up, again.