Thread: Should I quit?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bottletop

Hi Percy

Again, echoing the sentiments above. It's taken me 27 years to get to this stage of deciding enough. Cost a marriage, another great relationship and untold worry and stress to family. I wish I'd stopped earlier....it definetely only gets worse unless you stop. When you start drinking home and alone it's a marble on a hill. Momentum starts especially as it makes you feel emotionally and psychologically fragile which results in reaching for the dumb down juice again.

Re what to drink. Be careful with low alchohol drink, shandy. A few can still start the roll. Until you are strong enough in resolve and you plan is working, strategic avoidance might work to avoid temptation. I'm 3 weeks in and have stopped a few times for a few werks/mths, a year the most and i was ok around drinkung once into my groove. This time has been ok but I'm more concious of situations right now so am be careful. I think you know what you need to do and hoping you make the right call. Else chances are you'll be looking at yourself again soon from a worse place.